What is the Vastu system?
Vastu is a traditional Indian system of architecture and design that is based on the principles of balance and harmony with the natural environment. It is believed to promote positive energy and well-being for the people who live or work in a space that is designed according to the principles of vastu. The system is based on the idea that the layout and design of a building or space can affect the energy flow within it, and that aligning the design with the natural world can bring positive results. Vastu considers the placement of doors, windows, and other features, as well as the direction in which they face, in order to create a balanced and harmonious environment. It is an ancient practice that is still followed in modern India and has also gained popularity in other parts of the world.
Vastu study room checklist
Here is a checklist you can use to see if your study room conforms to the principles of Vastu:
- Location: Is the study room located in the north, east, or north-east direction of the house? These directions are considered auspicious for learning and concentration according to Vastu.
- Shape: Is the study room in a square or rectangular shape? These shapes are considered auspicious according to Vastu.
- Door: Is the door to the study room located in the north or east direction? These directions are considered auspicious according to Vastu.
- Windows: Are the windows located in the north or east direction? These directions are considered auspicious according to Vastu.
- Desk: Is the desk facing the east, north, or north-east direction? These directions are considered auspicious according to Vastu.
- Lighting: Is the lighting in the study room sufficient and natural?
- Color: Are the colors in the study room soothing and calming, such as white, cream, light green, or pale blue?
- Clutter: Is the study room free of clutter and organized?
- Natural elements: Are natural elements, such as plants, incorporated into the study room?